System using: macOS 10.12.5
Android SDK Version: 4.4 Kit Kat (API 19)
Prereq: Java JDK, Android SDK, Appium, Visual Studio for Mac with Xamarin
Steps of creating a new project for automation testing:
- Create a new project: “New Solution”, then choose “Other”, from this choose “NUnit”. Click “Create”
- Add [SetUp] and [TearDown]
Now we can get a basic framework for mobile testing using NUnit framework.
For “APK Info” apk file installation:
- Download the apk file
- Save it into the “platform tools” folder
- Open terminal (OS) or command line tool (Windows)
- Type: cd usr/local/Android sdk/platformtools (or the location of your apk file)
- Then type: ./adb install yourapkfilename.apk
Check the device name:
In the Commond Line tool (Windows), type: cdb devices.
For OS, firstly using “cd /path/to/paltform/”; then “./adb devices”. (“./” means under the current folder)