When a build that is about to be released, normally the lead or manager, or other technical writers will develop a release note, which contains the build-related information. It usually contains:
- Header – Name of the document, which carries product name, release number, release date, release note date and version
- Overview – An overview of the product and changes to the recent software version
- Purpose – An overview of the purpose of the release notes which lists the new features, enhancements, and defects of the current build
- Issue Summary – Provides description of the defect
- End-User Impact – Provides information about the end-users impact due to the defect
If changes or modifications to the system need to be made which are beyond the project scope, then we need a change request to announce that we are making some modifications.
Normally, it includes details of the changes, the status, the dates, etc.