In a bug report, we can include multiple elements, e.g.:
- Bug name: the name of the bug
- Bug ID: which will be automatically created by the Bug Tracking tools
- Area path: where does this bug exist?
- Build Number: e.g. “Version Number 5.0.1”
- Severity: how fast does this bug need to be fixed? High or medium or low?
- Priority: do we need to fix this bug at first? Give a certain priority, high/medium/low
- Assigned to: which developer?
- Reported by: of course me
- Reported on: the date
- Reason: defect
- Status: “New/Open/Active” depends on the tools that we are using
- Environment: what operation system and what software? e.g. “Windows 2003/SQL Server 2005”
- Description: describe the bug
- Steps to reproduce: how you can get to the bug/defect?
- Expected result: what is the system supposed to deliver?
(A good resource here: http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/sample-bug-report/)